Did you recognize that your clothes drier could cause a house fire? Imagine wakening and your house is afire and you discover out that the hearth was started from your clothes drier. Consistent with the National Fire Protection Agency dryers and washing machines were involved in one out of each 22 home fires in 2006-2010. It all happens thanks to failure to wash the machines. it’s important to possess your dryer installed and serviced by an expert. There are plenty of professional appliance repair companies that focus on dryer vent cleaning.
Just like you service your vehicle by getting a car care, tire rotated, and other maintenance done; you’ve got to try to do the identical for your dryer. Here are some tips to assist along with your dryer:
- Using a dryer without a lint filter is a bad idea.
- Depending on how often you dry clothes you must a minimum of clean the lint filter twice every week. The build-up of lint within the dryer or within the vent is ignited from the warmth of the dryer causing a flame.
- Use a heat resistance flexible duct. this could help prevent a house fire.
- Keep dryer in good working order.
- Ensure your dryer is plugged into the appropriate electrical outlet.
- Always follow the manufactures instructions and never overload a dryer.
- Professionally clean your dryer vents once a year by an expert dryer vent cleaning company like Dryer Vent Cleaning Colorado Springs.
You’ll want to make sure the company you hire uses state of the art professional equipment. Many handy men try to clean vents with blowers and cheap tools that may be brought at Lowe’s and residential Depot.
These tools don’t get your vent fully cleaned. additionally, there are plenty of handy men and fly by night companies out there so you’ve got to make sure you’re handling a stable company with a decent reputation. Ask the corporate if they will provide you with a before and after video inspection of the duct. If you’ve got a Whirlpool, ask the technician if he can test your machine with the Whirlpool test kit. This technology can provide you with a concept on how dirty your vent is. make sure they test the machines before and after, that way you recognize if it had been successful.
Yearly dryer vent cleanings may lower electric bills because it cuts back on drying times. Especially if you’ve never had your dryer vents cleaned, make sure to call your local experts and get the job done!